Similar to your skin that needs your gently and wise care in winter months your hair and lips also need special attention while it is cold outside. ZAYA offers you a quick checklist for your hair and lips care routine.
Do not neglect your hair needs:
- As much as you might not like it, wear a hat or a hood. Cold temperatures cause the spasm of small capillary that nurture the hairs. As a result our hair gets thin and might start to fall out.
- Take 5 to 10 minutes to massage your head and hair. Use the tips of your fingers and hair brush natural bristles. It will improve and stimulate the blood circulation and help delivering extra nutrients to your hair.
- Devote some time in your weekly routine to use hair and scalp masks and treatments made with natural and organic oils and other 100% natural ingredients. They can be found in the health stores or made at home (Stay tuned for our upcoming post on top home-made hair masks and treatments!). Loaded with minerals, vitamins and essential fatty acids they are perfect to nurture the scalp and hair follicles and bring dull hair back to life.
- Avoid using a blow dryer. Try to give yourself time to air dry your hair at the room temperature.
- Avoid dying your hair with aggressive hair dye products. Choose natural plant-based dyes or simply wait until the weather gets a bit warmer.
Take extra care for your lips:
- The skin on the lips is very thin and does not have oil glands to produce protective sebum. It does need extra protection and nourishing on the daily basis!
- Use protective lip balm made from natural and organic oils, vegan or bee wax.
- Leave your favorite lip gloss for warmer days (it contains water that will freeze and damage the sensitive skin) - look for natural oil-based lipstick instead.
Stay inspired! Look beautiful every day with ZAYA!